Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

PIAS Scarab, in Adventure Mode!



With a couple holidays stacked in one week ahead of us in Indonesia, a perfectly timed leave of absence could give you one full week of day offs. Well, in my case, it's simply a matter of getting a permission from my wife and kids. She said I really need a vacation, so permission granted. Thank you, dear. I love you.
Never before veering into bicycle adventuring, I'm about to bit the bullet and go bike camping instead. With the company of good guys from PIAS Cycles (that makes two other guys other than yours truly) and a couple of good friends from Singapore, we'll be heading for Baluran National Park in East Java.
I'll be riding The Archangel, my PIAS Scarab. No major modification was made, other than custom rear rack made in Surabaya (a loaner) and a sample 33mm Vee Tire Co. CXV, um, tire on the front... was put there for magazine review purpose. Pannier bags are Vincita B060, also a loaner.
For updates, catch on the #ballerinbaluran hasthtag on Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment